Monday, July 7, 2008

Raspberry Festival

I haven't mentioned my pottery in a while. It isn't that I haven't been working, I just haven't had time to work enough! I spent all of last week with our nephew Isaiah so I got very little done. And the weekends have been sucked up by the patio and family gatherings. I checked in with my calendar this morning and realized that I have a frightening 2 and a half weeks to produce and about a week and a half to fire, glaze and glaze fire. If you know my track record with glaze fires you can understand the metric-ton of anxiety I have about having things turn out well enough for me to sell at the Raspberry Festival on the 3rd of August. Essentially I have to have twice as much stuff to allow for the half that will likely turn out ruined for any number of glaze mistakes. As usual I'm beginning to think I was crazy to sign on for this. Ultimately, if there were to be some glazing catastrophe I'm only out $30, but the potential for making a good deal of money on this experience is big. Money that I would like to put toward buying my own wheel. It's probably my largest artistic commitment to date. I'd post pictures but I haven't got enough to show... yah, how scary is that?!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Good luck with getting your pottery ready for the festival. I hope you are still going to the reunion,where did you say that festival is? I'm excited to see you next month! And your back yard is looking great!