Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back to School

No, not just to teaching. Back to college! I finally got the letter from Lesley University regarding the start date for my Masters program. Holy crap I'm going back to school. We have an orientation meeting on August 20th and my first loooooong weekend of school will be September 12-14th. Now that it's actually starting I'm overwhelmed with anxiety and a strong voice saying "Do you know what the hell you're getting in to?" And the answer to that would be a resounding "No. But I sure hope it doesn't make me hate life..."
I told Adrian he has to take me back-to-school shopping. I need pencils and pens and loose-leaf paper! Folders with my favorite boy bands on them and pencil boxes! A backpack!! And some new Keds!!!

On the pottery front, I'm on my last day to finish all my unfinished work. I was hoping to get in to school and fire everything off tomorrow. However, I still have a dog urn to carve, a plate to finish, 2 neti pots to spout (isn't likely to happen and thus they will be left behind) and another tree pot to carve. With my nephew's birthday party this afternoon I've got a slim few hours to attack so I'd better get to it. I'll post photos of everything I accomplished this summer as soon as I get them done. It may be affirming or it may be shaming. We'll see. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Jason Haberman said...

Don't forget your Pee Chee Folder

You'll be fine. :)