Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Plenty to smile about






This one is REALLY beautiful, best appreciated in person.




Just one of my Neti Pots. Two, unfortunately, did not make it to temperature so those will have to be refired. I tried a couple of different glaze combinations on these. They still need some tweaking.





Overall I'd say I had about 85% success, which for me is monumental. Normally, and this is no exaggeration, I get about 15% success. Spraying my glaze makes all the difference. Like I said, I had the couple of Netis that didn't make it to temperature which is a big bummer as that means I have a cold spot in my kiln and I just spent $800 of my principals money replacing the coils. I also had two pots that the kiln wash actually curled up and touched so those are no good. But overall I'm THRILLED. We'll see how things go at the Raspberry Festival.

And here's Sebastian. The buyer didn't give me any guidelines to follow so I hope they like what I came up with.

3 comments:

Zac's mommy said...

WOW!@!@!!!@!@!@!

Those are absolutely beautiful!!! If you don't sell every single thing, I will be completely surprised. I'm thrilled that your glazing went so well and that you are pleased with the results....

Bring on the Raspberry Festival!!

idette said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Stephanie said...

Those look so awesome! It was so fun to see you guys at the reunion. Hopefully we can hang out more when we come back to visit or you make it to Vegas. If you have any pots left over let me know if you guys are back before Tuesday. You can call me at my parents.