Friday, June 20, 2008

Hot Weekend

We finally got our economic stimulus money this week, with which we had planned to rid our lives of the miserable patch of dirt next to our patio that the dog loves to roll in so much and replace it with a beautiful new stone patio. The only problem is now that we have the money we also have the heat with it. So this weekend was slated to be the beginning of the project and fittingly, we should see temperatures in the mid-90s. Great. So I thought maybe I'd get a jump-start on the weekend's work this morning while it was still cool out.


2 hours and 11 wheel barrows of heavy, hard packed clay later this was all I accomplished. We're supposed to dig out 7 and a half inches of dirt below our finished level. This is just the beginning. Once we get the lion's share of dirt out we've got to string up our levels and level it all off to the same depth. I've only scratched the surface and I've already got the beginnings of blisters...
Anyone free this weekend?? I'll buy you pizza!! Lots and lots of pizza. And beer! Just bring a shovel!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Jason would love to help : )

Kristen Mouw said...

oh, I'm quite sure of that.

Jason Haberman said...

hey, who's the smartass?

Jess said...

Just for clarification...I so did not write that!

But it does look like you are coming along quite nice....the "joys" of homeownership eh? Just let us know when the backyard warming party...:)

Kristen Mouw said...

yah, um, backyard warming party... be looking for that... if we ever get it finished. At this rate I don't know!