Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pre-Glazing

Here's the fruit of my summer labor. I just finished glazing them all today and actually had enough to fill up two kilns so I guess that isn't bad.


Compared to what I produced last summer for the festival:

I made my focus on functional wares (neti pots, mugs, plates) this year because most of the folks weren't interested in art pieces so much as stuff that they could use. I struggled with the issue of whether or not to use blue glazes this time around. I know that people are really drawn to blue and would probably be more likely to buy something blue, but I just don't like using it. I felt that I would compromise too much of my art by just making what sells easier. I'd almost rather not sell a nice piece that isn't blue than sell a blue piece that I'm not really wild about. I'll know how everything turned out on Thursday, so be watching for updates.

No comments: