Sunday, March 9, 2008

Projects

So, as expected, I have been hesitant to actually get to posting about my many projects that are on-going. I suppose it comes from a deep-rooted belief that what I do isn't any good and putting my stuff out there on the web for all to see is a little daunting. I'm just going to have to get over that.

Adrian and I are in the process of purchasing "our house" from his father (and by "in the process of" I mean, of course, that we know we need to get on that and damn, if only we could get our finances in order etc. etc. etc...) but in the meantime we have been slowly projecting around the interior and exterior of the house. We painted the kitchen and main hallway a year ago February and Adrian began to re-do our kitchen cabinets at the same time. Since we have this great log cabin house with a large fireplace central to everything, I wanted to keep all the colors warm.



This hallway leads to the back of our house and is painted in an amazing golden yellow that lights up when the sun shines through our west-facing windows. I'm currently working on a pair of 24" x 24" paintings to hang on the bare walls. Progress is slow but I'm hoping to finish one by the end of spring break. Here's what I've got so far:



A couple of weeks ago we decided to finally tackle painting the bedroom (by we, of course I mean I) along with the laundry room and bedroom (I aim high). Unfortunately that was the same weekend I came down with strep throat so I only accomplished the walls of the bedroom. I've yet to finish the door frames and the closet.

Before: old vanilla ice cream


After: peanut butter
The frames and closet door will be painted a cream color, here I'm just painting the primer


I've got several pieces of pottery to post about but I'll save that for another day. More images to follow.

No comments: