Saturday, February 16, 2008

Actor's Studio 10 Questions

This is pulled from my brother's blog. You can see his answers here.
I thought I'd put in my responses to the 10

1. What is your favorite word?

There are many words that I use with joy on a regular basis and to limit it to one favorite just seems unfair. I guess if I had to pick one on the fly I would say "turkey"--used more for name calling, almost always appropriate whether talking to a student or my husband. Sounds even better when you add "lurkey" at the end

2. What is your least favorite word?

This one is easy. Spittle. Whoever came up with that word and thought "ya, that sounds like an accurate description of what leaks out of your mouth..."? It just brings to mind bad images. 'Nuf said.

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?

First Thursday, hands down. If I'm struggling for artistic inspiration there is no better experience than pulling out the family and cozying up to a few snack tables while perusing what other, more productive, artists are doing. But also listening to a gifted Christian minister, spending time with Adrian (the silly and the quiet), sitting in a park on a warm sunny day, that change in the weather from winter to spring, being around others who are creative-thinkers, office/art supply stores, organizational materials.

4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?

Negativity, being in situations where I don't feel comfortable being myself, long lists of to-dos, unpacking after a move or a vacation, that point at which I know I've sat too long in front of the tv and now have lost all motivation to move.

5. What sound or noise do you love?

Oldies stations played low on old radios (reminds me of my childhood), lawn mowers running in the summer, the call of the loon (first discovered on a back-packing trip to Glacier National Park, a very haunting sound first thing in the morning over a still lake), the sound of Adrian's and my sister's laugh, my nephew's voice, the low hum of a classroom of high-schoolers actually productively working.

6. What sound or noise do you hate?

Students with vulgar language in the hallways, just to sound tough, men grunting at the gym, dogs licking (themselves, anything), REALLY windy days when it whips through the cracks in our cabin walls, alarm clocks going off, obnoxious drivers in enormous obnoxious vehicles made to sound even bigger, sirens.

7. What is your favorite curse word?

This may surprise some of you but I admit that I pepper my language frequently with unsavory words, but more often when I'm angry or irritated. I have to give it to my friend Dan who really summed it all up with the best curse word: shitfucktits. (sorry mom!)

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

I would LOVE to have been a professional ballroom dancer. You know, the kind that competes worldwide all year round. That would rock my world.

9. What profession would you like not to do?

I would really hate to be a lawyer or a doctor. Any job that is ultra demanding of my time and has me working long and/or late hours is SO not for me. You also couldn't pay me enough to be a high school administrator dealing with angry parents all day... yicks.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

Welcome home, I've missed you, let's talk.




No comments: