Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Raspberry Festival

We had another great year at the Raspberry Festival. From what I hear, sales were down from last year for most of the vendors. I didn't see a huge drop from last year's sales. I would say it was pretty comparable. With all of our expenses and the amount of time I spent on my work I'd say I only broke even. But as I've been telling everyone, like teaching, I don't do it for the money. I do it for the love and the fact that people from all over the country have a little bit of my world in theirs. That part is pretty darn cool.



What was left...One surprise this year... My plates that were so desired last year did not sell! I sold one of the 7. The mugs did well and the neti pots about the same as last year. The minis, as always, were a hit. So I don't know what I'll do for next year, but I'll definitely focus on the completely functional, like mugs, perhaps a teapot or two, and spoon rests (by request). I guess I have a year to figure it out.

No comments: