Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

Finally the Christmas photos are here.


My sweet new nephew Marcus had his first Christmas. I think he enjoyed it.
Adrian and I had our 2nd annual Mouws and Mistletoe on the 20th. Another success. Thanks for coming out everyone!


This was a common sight throughout the month.

This was Marcus at our family tree decorating. My family has the coolest tradition that even though we've all long since moved out of our parent's house we all still come back to decorate the family tree with all the creepy old ornaments we made as children, including, yes, the construction paper gingerbread man that I ate the incredibly old, petrified raisin buttons off of when I was little. I still get crap for that and I'm thinking, why wasn't I supervised, eh people?


Every year Christmas Eve has me making a couple hundred tamales with the women on Adrian's side. Then we all gather at his grandparent's tiny house for stockings and a gift exchange. The chaos is crazy but wonderful. Following that we come back to our house for yet another exchange between Adrian's mom and siblings. It's always a VERY late night.

Christmas morning has us at my parent's house for more family gifting fun.

The day after Christmas held more gifting, this time with Adrian's father, sister and her kids.


Finally after all was said and done, Adrian and I both felt a bit like Nacho, desiring a much needed Christmas nap.

1 comment:

Zac's mommy said...

I adore the picture of Chito...you could sell it as stock photography, I bet....check into it!